“Why?” you ask. “What’s wrong?” you wonder, clicking on Excel to open your ginormous spreadsheet while simultaneously running an internet search, and checking your phone to make sure the Wi-Fi is connected. “Nah, it’s all good.”
And that’s why you should thank your System Administrator today, especially today, the last Friday in July, also known as #SysAdminDay and #SystemAdministratorAppreciationDay.
*However, if there is a problem, please turn it off and turn it back on…
In case you need a reminder about what your System Admin does, here’s an abbreviated list (because all the things are too numerous to list):
- Install and configure hardware
- Upgrade, install, configure, and patch software
- Manage multiple operating systems on PCs, servers, and phones
- Troubleshooting software, hardware and network problems
- Solve printer and other peripheral problems
- Recover the documents or emails you lost
- Monitor and prevent network intrusions
- Monitor and prevent spam, virus and malware attacks
- The list goes on…
So please: text, email or call your System Admin and wish them a happy #SysAdminDay, or they will feel #SAD.
If you really want to multitask, today is also #NationalChickenWingDay, #NationalLasagnaDay and #InternationalTigerDay (I mean, Sys Admins and cat memes, right?). Take them some home-made lasagna, order in some wings, and share a playlist of cat videos.
We can laugh and joke about our Sys Admins, but in fact, they are vital to keeping us up and running. A word of thanks is always appreciated, and what better day than today. Right now.
Are you a Sys Admin looking for a change? Do you know one who needs a change? We’d like to hear from you. Email email@example.com and let’s talk.
More about System Administrators: