Are you a Technical Writer who has worked with Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) projects?
South Carolina is embarking on a multi-year project to replace their aging Medicaid Management Information System. The Replacement MMIS project is expected to run through mid-2015.
We are currently seeking to connect with Technical Writers who would be interested in working on South Carolina’s Replacement MMIS project.
Technical Writers for the MMIS project will be responsible for creating policies and procedures documents, and modifying existing policies and procedures documents.
Ideal candidates for the Technical Writer role will have experience developing documentation for other states’ Replacement MMIS projects.
Technical writers with other public sector experience are also encouraged to apply.
Working with DPP
South Carolina’s cost of living index ranks below the national average. Whether you prefer the beach or the mountains, South Carolina has something to offer everyone. From the capital city of Columbia, you’re 2 hours away from the Atlantic Ocean or from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Columbia is home to 6 colleges and universities, including the University of South Carolina. In the upstate, Clemson University is the anchor for several technical institutes and engineering initiatives.
DPP offers ALL employees a wide range of benefits and options:
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Retirement Benefits, and other options
- Generous employer contribution based on compensation package
- Available for individuals and their eligible dependents
- Paid overtime, holidays and time off
Required Education/Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree is preferred
Minimum Required Skills:
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Writer
- Experience working closely with Subject Matter Experts to create policies and procedures
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent organization, communication and writing styles
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in healthcare operations (IT and/or business) including claims payment, insurance systems, enterprise-class EHR/EMR (hospital systems)
- Experience in operations (IT and/or business) for government payer programs (Medicaid or Medicare)
- Understanding of the Medicaid information Technology Architecture (MITA)
- Medicaid eligibility system and/or business operations experience
- Understanding of the Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit (MECT)
- Experience with operations (IT and/or business) for SNAP or TANF programs
- Experience as part of a multi organizational project team
Citizenship Status: Currently authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
To be considered for this position: Please send a copy of your resume as an attachment in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply via our online application process.
- Be sure that your detailed resume reflects this proven experience. The pay rate for this position is highly competitive, and commensurate with experience.
- Every resume is reviewed, and all qualified applicants will be promptly contacted by one of our skilled recruiters.
- All responses are confidential. We will not submit your resume to any client without your written permission.
- No 3rd party candidates will be considered.
DP Professionals offers up to a $1,000 referral fee to any individual (employee or non-employee) who refers a candidate who is placed on this job opening.
About our company:
DP Professionals, Inc. (DPP) specializes in the placement of highly qualified IT professionals in both contingent assignments and direct hire opportunities in public sector/government agencies, in private industries such as healthcare, insurance, banking, energy, and manufacturing, and in non-profit organizations.
DPP is a premier, full-service IT staffing and recruiting firm that provides:
- High quality and cost effective solutions to our clients’ personnel requirements
- Outstanding employment opportunities to talented individuals
- A quality work environment for our sonsultants, including comprehensive benefits options
Located in "famously hot" Columbia, S.C., DPP is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) with more than 18 years in the information technology staffing industry. Key markets include Columbia and Charleston, S.C; Virginia; and D.C. Learn more at: http://dppit.com.
- Category: Technical Writer/Trainer
- Industry: Healthcare IT, Insurance, Public Sector
- Location: Clemson, SC | Columbia, SC
- Type: 1+ Year Assignment
- Job #: DPP-TW-MMIS
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job, please fill out the form below or apply via your LinkedIn® account. If you have already signed in to the DPP Talent Network, please review your information below and hit Submit.