Did you know…
While manufacturing remains a major factor in the state’s economic fabric, South Carolina is fast becoming a destination for knowledge-based workers.
- Columbia is the world leader in insurance technology and processing.
- The insurance technologies and services industry has a $6.7 billion impact on South Carolina, and over 1000 career opportunities.
- According to Columbia’s Insurance Technologies and Services Cluster, “Regional employment in the industry is approximately 15,000, at an average salary of $62,000.”
- Columbia may soon boast of one of the largest downtown green areas on the East Coast, according to the June 2012 issue of US Airways Magazine’s feature article, Discover Columbia, SC.
- NEW: Guide to Columbia & The Midlands 2016 (PDF download. Published by The State Newspaper)
- Charleston is home to one of three SPAWAR System Center Atlantic (SSC Atlantic) offices. Charleston is the place to be for cutting edge information technology jobs supporting the US Navy.
- Despite being the 75th largest metro area in the U.S., Charleston is ranked in the top 10 fastest growing cities for software and Internet technology.
- Greenville is home to the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research’s Center for Emerging Technologies.
- Greenville has a growing tech community, as well as several Fortune 500 companies.
- Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Carolina Living
- Cost of Living Calculator
- Moving to South Carolina: A Tax Guide for New Residents (8/2016 – pdf)
For more information about relocating to SC, please talk to your recruiter.
Something for Everyone
Whether you prefer the beach or the mountains, South Carolina has something to offer everyone. From the capital city of Columbia, you’re 2 hours away from the Atlantic Ocean or from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
A recreational paradise, South Carolina has over 80,000 acres of protected land in its 47 state park system. Because of the climate in SC, golfing, water sports, hiking, biking, equestrian and bird watching are year-round activities.
The arts are also a major part of South Carolina’s appeal. Since 1977, the Spoleto Festival USA has been bringing world class performances to Charleston for 17 days a year. From Broadway musicals to workshop theatre, orchestral premiers, outdoor concerts, ballet, folk dance – there’s something for every taste and every age.
Zoos, salt and freshwater aquariums, children’s museums, amusement parks – South Carolina is a great place for fun!
- Columbia, SC “Famously Hot”
- Charleston, SC “2012 Top U.S. City, and Top Destination in the World”
- Greenville, SC “2012 Playful City”
- Guides to the Area
- SCIWAY – South Carolina’s Information Highway